The CIUSSS de la Capitale-Nationale actively contributes to improve global health for its population. It offers users and their families care, healthcare and social services that are close, integrated, and accessible. Focused on quality, safety and performance, the care and services are based on best practices and innovation, with the participation of users, their families and people who work within the organisation. They mobilize and coordinate local networks to respond to the population’s needs. Affiliated with Université Laval and in collaboration with teaching establishments, the CIUSSS ensures quality teaching, develops knowledge and high-end practices. It also promotes mobilization and transfer of scientific and clinical knowledge in order to contribute to improving the care and services offered.
Driven by a deep-seated culture of sustainable development, Université Laval educates students to be engaged and creative and become model citizens, scientists, and business leaders who have an important impact on the direction that society takes. As a leading French-language institution with a strong international focus, Université Laval strives for excellence in education and research. It seeks to be both an example and a source of inspiration for its partners by mustering the forces of change in Québec City’s thriving university community.
Le Fonds de recherche du Québec – Santé (FRQS)’s mission:
- To promote and financially support research in health, including basic research, clinical research, epidemiology, public health, and research on healthcare services.
- To promote and financially support the mobilization and transfer of knowledge in health research.
- To promote and financially support the training of researchers by awarding excellence grants to graduate and post-graduate university students and to people performing post-graduate research, as well as by awarding fellowship grants for people who wish to re-enter the research circuit.
- To establishing any necessary partnership, notably with universities, colleges, healthcare institutions, as well as involved ministries and public organizations.
The Fonds de recherche du Québec – Société et culture (FRQSC)’s mission:
- To promote and financially support the mobilization and transfer of knowledge in the area of research linked to social and human sciences, as well as education, management, arts and literature.
- To promote and financially support the training of researchers by awarding excellence grants for graduate and post-graduate university students and people doing post-graduate research as well as by awarding fellowships to people who wish to return to the research circuit and funding teaching leaves for college professors who are involved in research activities.
- To establish any necessary partnership, notably with universities, colleges, cultural institutions, ministries and concerned public and private organizations.