The Cirris aims at making its website as accessible as possible in order to reach out to people with any types of disabilities.
Efforts have been made to ensure that the content of the website complies with the Standards of Accessibility of Websites for the Government of Quebec (SGQRI 008 2.0) ensuring obstacle-free access to information for people with disabilities, regardless of their limitations (vision, hearing, motor or cognitive).
Here is a partial list of elements that were implemented to facilitate access to information:
- A link for direct access to content without having to navigate the site.
- Use of style sheets to manage the presentation.
- Titles following a hierarchical order and structuring the content of the page.
- Clear and simple language.
- Each link has specific wording to describe its destination.
- Textual equivalent for visual information.
- Colour contrast to facilitate reading.
- Warning when a link opens in a new tab.
- All text can be enlarged up to 200% without loss of readability.
- The entire site can be used with the keyboard.
However, despite our efforts, some contents are not completely accessible:
- PDF documents.
- Certain complex graphs may not include adequate textual equivalent.
- Some videos do not have subtitles or text transcription.
- Video player controls disappear after a few seconds of inactivity. You must move the cursor on the video for them to appear again.
- Depending on your browser and the assistive technology that you use, error messages within the forms may not be clear.
However, we are constantly working to make our website user-friendly and improve access.
Meanwhile, if you are having difficulty navigating our website or consulting a document, do not hesitate to contact us at (418) 649-3735.
The website was optimized for the latest versions of most browsers (Edge, Firefox, Chrome, Safari). The website’s accessibility was verified using the following tools:
- NVDA 2020.4 and the latest version of Firefox.
- Colour Contrast Analyser.
- Some browser extensions, including Axe DevTools.
Description of the icons used
Here is a list of the icons that appear throughout the site in order to help you navigate:
- Open the link in another tab.